Saturday, July 22, 2017

Sea, Sun & Fun

Here's another layout using Hip Kit Club kits.  I used some additional goodies from the Oasis collection too.  I really love how this layout came out.

My BFF lives all the way across the country in Los Angeles (I'm in Philly).  She came to visit in June and we went to Long Beach Island (LBI) in NJ.  Another friend of ours came down to the beach too.  It was a little chilly, so we went to the beach bundled up.  We brought bloody mary's to drink.  Once we finished, we left our cups and flip flops and went for a walk.  I love the photo of our flip flops and glasses all lined up.  I wrote 2017 in the sand below, it's a little hard to see.

Journaling is on the left tag behind the photo.



I was inspired by one of my favorite youtubers, Audrey Yeager.  She created a layout that used the waves in this way.  Here's a link to her video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaVGO1Kun04

I started with this sketch by Sketches in Thyme.  I was going to put two waves above the photo and two waves below, but I ended up moving the photo up and putting all the waves below.  I also ended up adding a ton of embellishments, but I think you can see the basic sketch.



April Hip Kit Club Exclusive Letters (&)
Crate Paper Oasis Collection - 12x12 background, 6x6 paper pad, ephemera pack, puffy sticker words, chipboard elements, stickers
Wood veneers from stash - bucket & shovel
Heidi Swapp Color Shine - hot pink, black, seafoam, gold





5 comments:

blbabe1234 said...

What a great layout. Love those papers. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme

Chris C said...

Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.

D said...

Your layout is beautiful! Love the inky background. Thank you so much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.

LisaM said...

Such a fun and pretty layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

Angela said...

Super fun and cute! Love your wavy title. Thanks for playing along with Sketches in Thyme